Lotus Thai Red Curry Paste is a vibrant concentrate containing oriental ingredients like fresh red chilies, garlic, ginger, galangal, lemon grass and pepper. This is a full-flavored, spicy hot paste that will go perfectly in curries and marinades.
Chilli, Water, Lemongrass, Shallot, Garlic, Galangal, Salt, Shrimp paste, Kaffir Lime Peel, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Cardamom, Acidity Regulator (E330)
Thai Red Curry Recipe:
- 50g Lotus Red Curry Paste
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 500g Cooked Sliced Meat (chicken/pork/lamb/beef/seafood/tofu)
- 1 Large pepper (cut into slices)
- 120g Lotus Sliced Bamboo Shoots
- 1-2 Chopped red sweet chillies
- 200-250 Chicken/Vegetable Stock (water maybe used as a substitute)
- Sprinkle of sweet basil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
Directions step by step:
- Pour the vegetable oil into the wok at medium heat
- Add the curry paste, stirring until it blends with the oil.
- Add the coconut milk, and approx. 200-250ml of stock (depending on preference of a thick/thin sauce). More stock can be added if required.
- Add the pepper, bamboo shoots and chillies
- Add the sugar and fish sauce and bring to the boil
- Finally, add the cooked meat and simmer for 5mins, before adding the sweet basil - if lamb/beef is used then more cooking time is required until the meat is tender.
- 1 x Red Curry Paste.